Rules of the Competition
Submit as many entries as you want! The competition is open to all local government jurisdictions and agencies. Communicators and marketing professionals from other departments within your organization are eligible to enter as well at the member rate.
Two complete sets of the required information (see item 5) must be submitted for each entry. Please use the Savvy checklist for guidance.
Public relations firms, consultants and/or advertising agencies may submit entries on behalf of their local government clients. Such entries must be submitted under the client’s name and jurisdiction.
More than one entry may be submitted in any category. Also, a given entry may be submitted under more than one category. Complete submission packages, including attachments and application forms, are required for each submission, and applicable entry fees must accompany each submission.
- An entry package consists of two complete sets of the following:
a. A completed entry form.
b. The entry itself, such as newsletters, publications, videos, program plans. For intranet sites and electronic newsletters not accessible to the public, include instructions on how judges can view the site, Please submit at least two, but no more than four, different issues of newsletters.
c. Communication or Marketing Plans, Digital Interactive, Social Media and Video category submissions are now submitted entirely on-line:
- Digital Interactive Entry Form
- Social Media Entry Form
- Video Entry Form
- Communication or Marketing Plans Entry Form
d. A Descriptive Letter as outlined.
e. Supporting materials, such as testimonials or survey results. (see note in checklist)
f. A short, 50- to 75-word descriptor of the entry for inclusion in the Savvy Guidebook. It must be submitted electronically by completing a form posted at: http://www.3CMA.org/shortdescriptor.
g. All entries become the property of 3CMA, which is not responsible for loss, damage or return.
- Video entries must submit a 30 second clip of the entry to be used in the awards presentation should the entry be selected as a finalist (Savvy, Silver Circle and Award of Excellence).
- All other entries (with the exclusion of Video entries) must submit a high resolution image (.jpg, .gif, .png) to be used in the awards presentation should the entry be selected as a finalist (Savvy, Silver Circle and Award of Excellence).