May 18, 2021
3CMA Webinar | Step Up and Lead – Enhancing Your Leadership Skill
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
If you supervise a team of communicators or are a one-person shop corralling others to communicate the city’s or county’s message, or are somewhere in between, your leadership skills are challenged every day. Frank Viscuso is an author and speaker who knows the challenges of leading in local government. He’ll share tips and strategies applicable to all leaders. He’ll present examples from his best-selling book Step Up and Lead, in a 90-minute workshop for 3CMA that covers the following skills.
- Critiquing others (how to do it right)
- Delegating (the who, what, where, when, and why of delegating)
- Dealing with difficult people (internally and externally)
- Leading a team through change and difficult times
- Building morale (8 tips to increase morale)
- Mentoring and succession planning
- The post-incident analysis (what is it and why every team should do it)
This webinar is for experienced leaders as well as those new to leading a team. It will include humor and stories you are certain to relate to.